Monday, June 25, 2007

New Week

Well, over the weekend, I completed the Jacob's Ladder photo album...I still haven't got the placement of the pictures down correctly, so 1/2 are upside down?!? I completed two sewn cards (pics below) and I did the journal card for 'Symbol I love' and this week's theme, "A picture that means something to me".
The symbol is one I created for myself. My husband didn't like the long signature on my photos and suggested I create a symbol. The dragonfly has my initials in the body...can you see them? I am now the photographer formerly known as SMullis. :-)
The photo that I love is one of my grandfather (Pappy) giving me a drink out of his giant thermos. I remember Pappy always wearing a red and black plaid shirt, so that was the inspiration for the background.
The designs on these cards are made with a series of pin holes that are then sewn from one side of each shape to the other and rotating.

8 comments:

Marjolein said...

What a great cards you made! Lovely symbol and the photo is very nice!

Debbie said...

Love your butterfly signature. What a great idea. And the card with you and your "Pappy" is so sweet. Great idea for the background...

Jenny said...

What a sweet picture. I can see why it means so much to you.

Paula said...

Gorgeous cards. Lovely signature & photo.

Sylvia said...

Love love love that dragonfly logo! Gorgeous!

Lis said...

Fantastic cards :)

jess said...

beautiful cards!!!
:) Jess

Deborah said...

Love your card - what a gorgeous photo, your symbol is great too.