Friday, June 29, 2007

TGIF

It's Friday!! I work from a home office, so I don't know why I'm that excited, but...it's Friday! I've finished my journal cards for the themes "Shoe, There's Always a Story" and "Who/What I miss". The shoes card is entirely digital. The shoes took me on one of the most difficult hikes I've done...to the Skaguay Power Plant in CO. The power plant was built in 1899 and operated until 1965. It's located 5 miles from the Skaguay Reservoir (which was built to supply the water pressure for the power plant). The hike is so difficult that it takes @8.5 hours to go just 5 miles. I started the hike in the boots, switched to the tent slippers in camp and used the water shoes 1/2 the way back because of all the creeks I had to cross. These shoes were meant for walking...
The 'Who' I miss most is my mother. No, she hasn't passed away...she lives in Ohio. We have so much fun together hiking or crafting or just talking over coffee. I wish she were here.


This is a polymer pin I made to go with my other 'southwestern' pins...now I just need a jacket or something to put them on....looks like a shopping trip is in store. :-)


3 comments:

ViNtAgE PaPeR CrAfTs said...

Hi there
Thanks, it was my first attempt! the charms i made we out of lil wood pieces i found at the local craft store. I found circle and square ones. My cousin Michelle uses dominos sometimes, she uses her drill press to make the holes. If you go to www.craftedby.us you can click on the link that takes u to her podcast. She shows how to make the domino charms.

AnswerGuru said...

I've looking into the Skaguay power plant recently....did you hike down from the reservoir? We were also exploring the possibility of going overland and dropping into the canyon close to the power plant (if that's even possible). Any thoughts or suggestions?

Smullis said...

We hiked down from the reservoir. Hiking overland is not possible because it is all private property and it is my understanding that at least one of the property owners isn't a very pleasant person. The hike is 5 miles from the reservoir. 2.7 of which is an easy cow path...it get bad after that really quickly. You'll have to cross the creek @8 times and go over large boulder fields 7 or 8 times. This is not a good hike for kids or dogs, but is worth it.