Monday, September 10, 2007

First Journal Pages

OK...I was invited by a fellow ATCards.com crafter to do a couple journal pages for her in exchange for a couple ATCs. I was a little intimidated since these are the first journal pages I've done, but here they are...the theme is fantasy (dragons, fairies, etc.):
The dragon is drawn with colored pencils and the background and castle are done in watercolor. I used salt for the weird effect in the sky. I used a corner punch to add detail to the corners.

The background and body of the fairy are done in watercolor (again, salt was used to get that mottled look in the background). The wings are handmade paper with watercolor detail, the wand and explosion are done with embossing powder over watercolor. I added fibers to the two corners...not for any particular reason. I punched the corners and did a little embossing detail in the two right corners. The journaling on both was done in Photoshop CS2.

No comments: