Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas to all. I've been busy decorating the house and Christmas shopping, but did take the time to make some place settings for Christmas dinner and ornaments to attach to the pies we give the neighbors for Christmas.
The place setting will be stuck into a painted flower pot filled with candy...just like the ones I did for Thanksgiving. I sponged green watercolor onto watercolor paper and stamped poinsettas in blue/green. I embossed cardstock with Winter Wonderland embossing powder and punched out the snowflakes in two different sized. The envelope is made with an 1.5x 1" enveloped paper punch using a Chrismas print paper. The 'List' was done in Photoshop CS2 using a graphic I downloaded from ScrapGirls. For the final look, I painted 2" flower pots, hot glued a small piece of florist foam in the bottom and stuck the above 'sign' in. I covered the foam with spanish moss and covered the moss with candy.
These ornaments were made from a kit I got from ArtChix. For the tags, I sponged light blue watercolor onto watercolor paper, stamped Merry Christmas in blue and cut the tag out with decorative scissors. I then took some cardstock and embossed it with Winter Wonderland embossing powder and punched out the snowflakes with two different size punches. I attached a silver grommet to the corner and attached the ornament.

No comments: