Friday, March 21, 2008

Cancer Survivor Crafts

My neighbor, Sharon, was diagnosed with breast cancer last fall. She was a real trooper. She never looked down even though she had to be scared and was sick thru most of the chemo treatments. She recently had her surgery and was given a clean bill of health...she's probably at work as I type this. We took over some Dairy Queen sundaes on the Friday of her first week back at work, but I thought she deserved something more. So what does one do with a newly acquired skill in metal embossing and a small cigar box??? They make a Survivor Trinket Box. I also made her a Survivor bracelet to put in it since my husband said, "What?! Are just going to hand her an empty box??" He's the sensitive type. :-) Anyway, here they are:





I also tried my hand at braiding wire. I made a necklace and earrings. The stones I used are amethyst. The technique is pretty simple. I actually started a tutorial blog and the wire weaving tutorial is my first.


No comments: