Sunday, May 18, 2008

Great Flea Market Day!

Today was a banner day at the flea market. I bought a new Cricut for 1/3 the cost and nearly 100 lbs of soap glycerin, sea salt and molds for only $30! I've already made a couple bars of lavender soap...and used the Cricut to make a decorative wrapping (which I promptly forgot to scan and already gave to a good friend).

I finally finished my mom's embossed copper rooster. We have a standing joke about the stupid rooster that used to wake me when I'd visit. In honor of that, she has decorated her kitchen in roosters...so here is my contribution:

I used an enlarge clipart rooster that I traced onto a copper sheet and embossed. Then I painted in the color with acrylic paint and wiped away the flat surfaces once it dried. I did a crackle finish on the mounting board and glued the copper rooster to it with SuperBond 9000.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Rooster...maybe you could make one with a hen to go with it...you know, the kind that lays eggs...better yet, why not just get some eggs and cook your wonderful husband breakfast? Maybe throw a little fried squeeler in there with the hen bullets?...and a large glass of cold milk.

Smullis said...

Gee, a comment from my greatest fan...who isn't getting breakfast...

Ang C said...

this is fab!!!!!

Jaqi said...

Brilliant , so effective, Jaqi