I've been doing Domino jewelry for some time. I bought a box of Dominos at the flea market that are a little too large (to me) for pendants, but would do well as pins. These are my first tries. I used Cranberry and Raisin AI with Pearl additive. I then stamped them up with Staz-On black ink from the Travel Time stamp collection by Inkadinkado (I love these stamps). All was fine until I decided to cover them with Crackle Accents from Ranger. The overall look is great except as you can see, they turned an orange tone...it looks fine, but is not what I planned. I have found that Aleene's Paper Glaze won't change the color, but that is a clear, gloss finish. I think I am going to drill holes in the bottom edge and add some beaded elements...not sure yet.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Update: Al really liked what we got him...including the card. :-)
Monday, June 9, 2008
I've finished my first ATC for KatieV. I started out with a piece of rose patterned paper, the green K tag, a piece of paper doily and a couple 5 cent stamps (forgot to take a photo of the items before I created the ATC). I decided to 'paint' the background with espresso and did an impression of '7' since that is the date I did the card. I glued the piece of doily toward the bottom of the card and glued a K, V and a couple of paper scraps that I had after I cut out a V oval tag from the rose paper and cut the K out of the K tag I recieved (I inked the K green). I did a packing tape transfer of the stamps and glued those to opposite corners. I used a deck stain chip from Lowes as the 'background for the letters and attached the K and V tags with a brad and ribbon over the doily and letters and scored them so they can be folded up to reveal the hidden letters. I added a green, flower bling to finish.
My second ATC for Hogarth started with these items:
I did an 'inky layers' technique for the background that I got from the ATC Workshop book using some of the provided paper, espresso dyed and stamped paper, homemade paper and mulberry paper over which I put matte gel dyed with current colored alcohol ink then rubbed it with a lilac shadow ink stamp . I took the gingham paper and threaded the white ribbon thru it for the right border. I cut the center background out of the Thumbelina stamp and glued it against the gingham border. I used the label from the ribbon roll, inked it to distress and cut it to fit against the Thumbelina stamp. Finally, I punched out two sizes of sun (dyed with butterscotch and caramel alcohol ink), three hands and four feet from an aluminum Dr. Pepper can and glued them to the card.
My third ATC was for Moony and started with the below:
I glued the text paper as the background and covered half with a torn piece of home made paper over which I rubbed on a little orange ink. I then glued down the skeleton leaf and trimmed the figure to exclude the background and glued that over the leaf. I took a scrap of thick velum, tore it in the shape of two 'mountain', inked the edges brown and glued it to the bottom. I used the blue, checkered paper (which Mooney used to ID her baggie), cut it in half and used it as a border on each side. I glued pieces from the figure background at the top...just because. I then removed the fusing from the back of the butterfly iron-ons, glued them into place and glued the fusing on as sort of 'ghost' butterflies. This is how it looks:
This was a great swap and really gets the creative juices boiling...
Monday, June 2, 2008
This is my finished ATC...I'm calling it "Ancient Clown". I had done a packing tape transfer of the skull earlier...mainly because I was bored. The rest was scraps I had laying on the desk.