Thursday, June 26, 2008

Latest Crafts

Some friends of ours sent us the Season 1 & 2 DVD sets for Lost. We had never watched this show before, but are now addicted and it's kind of a relaxing end of day activity to watch an episode. I've made this thank you card to send with the package when we return the DVDs. I got the layout from the book, "Creative Card Making for Scrapbookers" and used the Wrinkle Free Distress technique from Tim Holtz' blog for the tag...I liked the technique so much that I created a shipping label for the package using it. This should wake up the postal workers. :-)



I've been doing Domino jewelry for some time. I bought a box of Dominos at the flea market that are a little too large (to me) for pendants, but would do well as pins. These are my first tries. I used Cranberry and Raisin AI with Pearl additive. I then stamped them up with Staz-On black ink from the Travel Time stamp collection by Inkadinkado (I love these stamps). All was fine until I decided to cover them with Crackle Accents from Ranger. The overall look is great except as you can see, they turned an orange tone...it looks fine, but is not what I planned. I have found that Aleene's Paper Glaze won't change the color, but that is a clear, gloss finish. I think I am going to drill holes in the bottom edge and add some beaded elements...not sure yet.






No comments: