Friday, August 22, 2008

Chalk ATC and Inked Card

I decided to try my hand at stenciling with chalk. I got the idea from the book, "Handmade Art Nouveau Cards". It won't win any awards, but I liked the 'soft' look it has. I used a metal dragonfly stencil, Stampin' Up chalks and a paint brush...just that easy.

DragonflyChalk.jpg


I started this card based on some tutorials from the Freedom in Creating blog. Lisa does some really great stuff with stamps and ink. The horse stamp is from a Stampin' Up set that I got at the flea market. I loaded the stamp with Versamark and Archival black ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I colored in the horses with ink markers and the background with colored pencil. I used a Ranger embossing brush pen to cover the whole image and embossed it with clear powder again. Then I masked off the bottom with scrap paper and sponged in the sky with 3 shades of blue ink. I reversed the mask and did the bottom with 2 shades of tan/brown ink. I'm not finished with it, but haven't decided what I'm going to add yet...


No comments: