Monday, October 13, 2008

Halloween Potion Bottles

I finally took the time to finish my potion bottles. I used a couple beer bottles, a Polaner Jelly jar and a pickle jar. I first dabbed on the color with a 1" standard paint brush using acrylic paint. This took two coats. After that dried, I sponged on the accent color, again acrylic paints. I let that dry and sprayed the bottles with clear, matte finish. I created the labels on Photoshop, printed, glued them to the bottles and coated them with a layer of matte Mod Podge. For the jar lids, I did the same paint treatment as the jars. For the bottles, I bought a couple corks for the beer bottles and stained them with walnut ink. The picture is not the greatest...I just couldn't get the lighting right and the background, well...


3 comments:

CafeArtiste said...

Wow, you did a GREAT job on those! Love them! What was originally in the tall jars?

jerseytjej said...

That is so cool! I like the hand made labels, too!

Artyfax said...

great fun!Looks like my son's larder at college