Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Card for a Friend

My friend, Cheryl's, birthday is on 2 Dec. We work together and will be in Dublin, OH then. I really wanted to do something with my Michael Strong stamps, so I made this birthday card for her. The inspiration was from a photo uploaded by tlgirl353 on the Michael Strong Yahoo group.

I used Distress embossing power on mulberry paper for the hummingbird and gold embossing powder for the half circles on the green cardstock. The background is white cardstock that I inked with Distress Tea Dye ink. The text is a foil sticker that is a huge pain to get on...I gave up on getting it straight.

2 comments:

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Lovely card! I so want that hummingbird stamp, and hopefully soon will be able to get it!

Tam said...

This turned out really cute. I never thought of stamping on mulberry but will now. Thanks for sharing. I really like the card.