Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Taking Time to Craft

I had two motivators to take a break from a hectic workday and do a little crafting. One was my mother's birthday on Friday and the other was a challenge from Crafted by Us and Go Make Something Make It Monday...I killed both challenges with one ATC.

Michelle at Crafted by Us has been following the projects in the book, "Artist Trading Card Workshop" by Bernie Berlin (who also happens to run an excellent animal shelter). The challenge for this month is Phone Book Paper...hence the background on my ATC. The MIM challenge theme was coffee or tea...hence the theme of the card. :-) I was apparently is a dark, distressed mood while making this...lots of distress ink on this one. :-)



For my mother's birthday, I started working on a silver oak leaf necklace. I've finished the silver oak leaves (which is the only real artist part of the whole thing). I just need to get a nice chain on which to attach them. I also made her a birthday card using stamps from Michael Strong and inspiration for the inside from a TVWeekly episode he just did.





2 comments:

Mam said...

Hi there. Nice coffee card. I'm sorry but I couldn't make out the second line of text! Hellp.
Nancy

Smullis said...

The pic came out a bit blurry. The phrase says, "Drink your coffee, there are people sleeping in China." Thanks for the comment.