Saturday, December 6, 2008

12 Days of Christmas Tags

Tim Holtz is doing 12 Days of Christmas Tags on his blog. Each day he shows different techniques while making a new tag. Today was Day 6, and I made this tag using the techniques he showed. The Merry Kris Mouse stamp from Comotion stamped on acetate and painted using AIs. I then painted some white acrylic paint on the ink side of the acetate so the mouse wouldn't be lost in the background. The tag was stained using Distress inks and stamps with a florish and a text stamp. Just as Tim suggested, I wiped the black ink on the text stamp instead of blotting it on. It gave the ink a muted color. I didn't have any of Tim's neat metal snowflakes, so I punched them out of the aluminum of a Dr. Pepper can and coated them with glitter glue. For the main text, I used a the Noel stamp from the Christmas Silhouettes collection by Inkadinkado stamped on green paper and covered in glitter glue. I used Glossy Accents around the boarder of the Noel and coated it with little glass balls. This was a fun tag to make...




I also got my Cloisonne Christmas Tree stamp in from Michael Strong Stamps. So, naturally, I had to make a card right away with it. I stamped the tree with Versamark and embossed with silver pearl embossing powder. I colored the tree with Distree ink in Pine Needles and Pealed Paint. The 'balls' are bling that I colored with Red Pepper AI. The gifts are made on white shink plastic and the bear is stamped on cardstock and adhered with a foam square. The background is a printed paper that I edged with Pine Needles Distress Ink to add a vignette. Finally, I embossed the Merry Christmas with emerald embossing powder.



1 comment:

Phree said...

Beautiful Tag, love that Michael Strong Cloisonne tree and the card you have made with it.