Monday, December 8, 2008

Glass Ornament

I got the idea for this ornament from Ink Stains. Every day she is posting a crafted gift idea. This was gift idea #10 - Memory Glass Ornament. I used Red Pepper, Cranberry and Gold AIs to ink the back of the memory glass, then stamped the front with white Stazon and a poinsetta stamp from 908 Christmas Cube #1 stamp by ??? (their is no vendor on the stamp and I picked it up at the flea market, so...). I then stippled Versamark embossing ink around the edges and used Peeled Paint Distress embossing powder. I cleaned the powder around the image before heating. The beads are from unknown vendors and are wired on with gold toned wire. The only thing I kinda don't like is that you can see the wire on the back thru the glass...I just couldn't think of any other way to wire it that would be secure or not have blobs of glue...oh well...the the right light (or should I say no light), it looks pretty nice. :-) The scanner did not do a good job of capturing the 'sparkle' of the glass and beads for this one.


1 comment:

Karen L said...

Oh I LOVE your version of rhe ornament from Inkstains! You used my favorite color...cranberry! I have got to try this technique now that I saw how successful you were. By the way, I followed your link from Inkstains!