Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Metal Embossed Frame and Collage

I found a challenge on Lots To Do that was to include a frame in your art...alter a frame, frame something, etc.  I chose to both alter a frame and frame a small collage I made of my mom and I.  I also incorporated a torn paper technique from a challenge on 2cre8art.  This also ended up meeting the Be Inspired #16 challenge on Cuttlebug Challenges for distress your creations.

I used a wooden double frame and covered it with metal that I embossed in my Cuttlebug with the Texture folder.  I then colored it with Meadow and Lettuce Adirondack AI and distressed the edges with sand paper (not very noticable in the picture).  For the collage, I did the torn paper technique with various text pages and colored them with Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord Distress Inks.  I also colored the pieces of silver foil doily and the Mother/Daugher embossed metal with Eggplant AI.  The pictures are of my mother and I at a younger age and the remaining emblishments are various flowers that I've dried.



12 comments:

crafty creations said...

This is truelly amazing - I love all the metalwork that is around just now and yours is beautiful

Thank you so much for joining the Lotodo Challenge this week

Take Care

Hilda

Stempelchaotin said...

OMG this is outstandig.
Unbelievable. Love them.

Femmy said...

beautiful work!!

RubyMay said...

Thanks for sharing this....its wonderful x

Dawn said...

Beautiful such gorgeous detail!

Beth said...

OH wow how gorgeous they are I might have to give this a try myself a real stunner

Maggie said...

omgoodness, I luv luv this idea, I saw a frame similar in the clearance center I left it..
but now tomorrow I'm gonna go get it and try this fab idea..
Thanks for playing you will be featured on
February 5th at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
Thanks
Maggie

Sue at Stampndaly said...

Very neat project!!

Cassie said...

oh my gosh - what a cool project!! thanks for joining us on the cuttlebug challenge!

Meda said...

Thank you for playing with us at Cuttebug Challege Blog

Your frame is lovely!

Lea L. said...

Oh wow, that is very pretty! Great job with the distressing challenge!

~Lea

Mrs J said...

OMG! This is beautiful! I discovered AI's at the weekend and I'm so wanting to try something like this! Beautifully distressed for the challenge, and I love the photographs of you and your mom, so sweet!
Thanks for taking part at Cuttlebug Challenges
Hugs Mrs Jx