Saturday, January 24, 2009

Woven Card

I found a tutorial on Cuttlebug Challenges for a card using a woven element...and of course added texture using the Cuttlebug.  For my card, I chose some spring looking scrap cardstock and followed the tutorial to do the woven element.  Then I used the Cricut to cut out the framed section and ran it thru the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder.  I ran the weave thru the Cuttlebug using the Birds & Swirls folder (which led to the bird theme).  I used  a flying bird stamp from the Inkadinkadoo's Flourishes set.  The perched bird is from the Inkadinkadoo's Butterflies & Birds set. I embossed all with black embossing power and cut them out leaving a small border.  The phrase is from a set that I purchased and no longer remember the vendor.  All are adhered with foam squares to give it some dimension.



I also LOVE Michael Strong stamps.  Below is my submission for Saturday Sketch #3 on the Enjoy Michael Strong Stamps Yahoo group.  I stamped the heart and circle on white cardstock in Fired Brick Distress Ink and embossed with clear powder.  Then I inked them with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.  The papers are from the Autumn Leaves Spice of Life Collection mega pack by Creativity, Inc.  The sentiment is from the same set above...that I can't remember the vendor.  I dry embossed the plain green center strip on the Cuttlebug with the 
D'vine Swirls folder and glued all the parts with my Xyron.

6 comments:

JennK said...

Such a great card!! You did a wonderful job with the weaving. Thank you for stopping by to check out the cuttlebug challenge blog...come back soon.

Ann said...

Fantastic.

Wasn't this fun? I loved doing it.

Ann xxx

Ann said...

Fantastic.

Wasn't this fun? I loved doing it.

Ann xxx

Alison said...

Cool card!! Isn't the weaving technique great!? I really love your colour combo.
peace & love
Alison xx

Stephanie said...

Very pretty card!

Rleen said...

Beautiful card, love the birds.