Thursday, February 26, 2009

Native American ATC Swap

These are the ATCs I created for the Native American swap on ATCsforall.  I tried to do an inkjet image transfer technique that I learned from Michelle's podcast at Crafted by Us..but my attempt just turned into a big blob of ink...so, I wetted each image (printed on an inkjet printer on standard printer paper) and dabbed off as much ink as possible to give it that sorta transfered look.  I decided that the blobby inked backgrounds looked fine, so I tore out the images and adhered them to the ATCs with a glue stick...on the female, I also inked the edges of the image.  I used a set of native american petroglyph stamps by Judith Dupre (they are part of a book gift set, but hey, they work).  I first stamped images with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and then went over some with Vintage Photo, Antique Linen & Fired Brick Distress embossing powder.  


1 comment:

www.judithdupre.com said...

Delighted to learn that my American Indian stamps were useful. In fact, that 'gift set' was the fruit of many years of study, and working on the Fort Belknap reservation in Montana. Good to see the stamps in action! For more on my art books, see www.judithdupre.com