Friday, February 13, 2009

Going for the Gold

I've created this birthday card for my dad that also qualifies for 3 challenges.  First, the Tuesday Challenge on Created by Hand which was to use gold.  Second, the Ooh-La-La challenge to use black & gold.  Third, the My Time to Craft challenge which is 'Going For Gold'. 

I used black cardstock The Paper Factory for the base.  The background paper is Black French from Paper Pizazz that I trimmed in gold with a Krylon gold leafing pen.  I then stamped the butterfly/clock stamp from Inkadinkado onto gold Mirror Paper from The Paper Company and embossed in black embossing powder.  I used another piece of the black cardstock stamped with a Happy Birthday stamp from Stamped 'something' Designs...the 2nd word is smudged.  I embossed the words with gold embossing power and trimmed the edges with the Krylon gold leafing pen.  I used my Xyron to apply adhesive to all the pieces and attached them.  

6 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh wow this is just beautiful I love the stamping very effective
thank you so much for joining in Ooh La La challenge
Wendi

Kelly said...

gorgeous card!

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card, love your stamping and embossing, very classy indeed. -x-

Lesley said...

Great card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

ArtCricket said...

Perfect use of gold and I know your dad will love it!

Kazabing said...

Lovely card. Karen. xx