Monday, February 23, 2009

Lots To Do & So Artful Challenges

For the challenges at Lots To Do (Eyes) and So Artful (Trees), I created at tag with both elements.  I used a stamp by Inkadinkadoo to stamp the eyes in black ink with Versamark and embossed them in clear embossing powder.  The background is inked with Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Faded Jeans, and Weathered Wood Distress Inks then sprinkled on some water to mottle.  I stamped the trees (Winter Woods by Rubber Stampede & pine trees by Inkadinkado in brown (Stamp Inks)and green (Archival Ink).  The saying is printed on standard printer paper and inked with Tempting Turquoise ink from Stampin' Up.  Finally I added the fiber and here it is:

I've added the tag below...it was actually the first one I did and didn't quite like it.  I messed with it a little more and feel better about it now...anyway, here is Version 1, Take 2:

9 comments:

Kimmie said...

This would be a good illustration for the living forest of "ents" in Tolkeins books .....

di from di-did-it said...

Very nice! I like your choice of fiber. It has a feathery look, like it's from the birds that would sit in the trees.

Stempelchaotin said...

OMG this is truly amazing.
Unbelievable Tag.

crafty creations said...

Wow this is amazing and thank you so much for joining the Lotstodo Challenge again this week with such a stunning piece of artwork

x Hilda

Willy said...

Wonderful tag!

Silvia said...

Wonderful tags.

thefrugalcrafter said...

I like them both but the first one is kinda creepy LOL! The second tag is breathtaking, so surreal! Great job!

Jaqi said...

Stunning work of art, you must be so pleased with this its fantastic, thanks for sharing, the colours are amazing, Jaqi

June said...

Love this one its stunning !! I love both versions actually and its very imaginative
I am so sorry it has taken so long for me to come see your art work for this one. I thought it was time i sorted out the soartful blog and am just updating. Things are ok at the moment and my son is just trying to recover best he can.
I am off to add your pic to the gallery now.
Hugs June xxx