Friday, February 20, 2009

SaWo Challenge - Altered CD

The challenge for this week on SaWo is Altered CDs.  This is a CD that I altered into a Christmas ornament for my mother...why I never posted it in December is beyond me.  I used alcohol inks to color the CD.  On the right side, I crinkled up some plastic wrap and adhered it down with Glossy Accents (not sure where I got that idea).  The 'hanger' is several pieces of cording that I braided, ran thru the hole and attached a bell.  Under the cord and bell is some wired ribbon.  On the left side, the background is some pattern paper that I torn out and inked the edges.  The angel is a punchout that I bought at the flea market with a bunch of other Christmas ephemera. The gold star, wings and florish are grungeboard and the silver snowflakes are punched out of a soda can with a snowflake craft punch.  This is a horrible picture (actually a scan), so I included a picture of my mom holding it...good thing she doesn't have Internet access...she's be annoyed that I put her on here.  :-)


15 comments:

JessicaLynn said...

WOW!! That is a lot of work! Thank you for sharing!!

Jessica Lynn

Stempelchaotin said...

OMG this is just perfect.
Wonderful idea and great work.

Thanks for alter a CD on SaWo.

herminesplace said...

Absolutely gorgeous

Bettie said...

That's beautiful. I will remember this for next Christmas!Never thought of it before.

Silvia said...

Such a fantastic CD, great work.

stamp and scrape said...

What a gorgeous ornament! I hope it had pride of place!
Ros

nordseetine said...

This is a wondefull CD, i like it!

Rachel Bland said...

Great CD! Love all the different elements!

RubyMay said...

oh wow ...I can see a lot of these being made for this christmas...brilliant idea and beautifully made x

Viv's Visuals said...

Great CD!

Viv's Visuals said...

Great CD!

Flipsi said...

great cd

Ingrid said...

grandios!

SaLi said...

Absolutely gorgeous

Janny said...

Gorgeous!