Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Goodies

I previously made a 'masculine' Valentine's Day card for my DH and thought...that's fine, he'll like that.  Then I saw the heart box on the Frugal Crafter Blog.  The great thing about Lindsay is she shows these great designs and then provide free Cricut cut files for them.  I just had to make this one.  I cut it out at the largest size on my Cricut Expressions using SCAL.  I scored the fold lines and then stamped with the Michael Strong Cloisonne Heart stamp and embossed with a pearly white.  I used the same stamp to stamp in red on white shrink plastic (it ended up looking pink because I didn't have any permanent red ink (add that to the list)) and made the little heart charms.  After folding the paper and gluing the sides together, I stamped and embossed the final heart over the seam...it could have gone better, but wasn't too bad.  I glued the bottom closed with a glue stick and used some heart-shaped eyelets that I won from Retro Cafe (BTW, Kristin is doing another blog candy give-away, so hop on over to her blog).  I placed the eyelets on either side of the top opening (4 eyelets in all).  I took some silver cord, threaded it thru the eyelets, attached the heart charms and pink crackle glass beads, filled it with sugar-free mints and voila...a V-day gift fit for a king...or at least he thinks he's a king.  :-)


Ignore the votive glasses...I used them to hold up the box...it has no bottom...

4 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

OMG this is absolutely lovely.
Gorgoeus little box.

Thanks for work with shrink Plastic on SaWo.

stamp and scrape said...

Lovely to use the hearts as embellies like this - hope he liked them!
Ros

herminesplace said...

This looks great, love the shape

thefrugalcrafter said...

that turned out great! Glad you likes the template and thanks for the link!