Friday, March 6, 2009

Pig Day ATC

This is the first card for the March Bizarre Holiday ATC swap on ATCsforall.  I used the latest Cuttlebug Challenges technique to create the background and decided this is my new favorite technique.  Basically, you watercolor the background then emboss your design...but before you run the embossing folder thru, you ink up the design on the folder.  The result is an awesome background with great detail.  On this card, I used Lumiare watercolors and Pine Needles Distress Ink on the florial screen embossing folder.  The pig is from an old calendar I had.  I decided to have it look like it was jumping out of the bushes.  I just created the same background on another piece of watercolor paper, cut out some 'leaf' detail and glued it over the back of the pig.  The label is just a piece of watercolored paper and marker.  I have an annoying habit of thinking things need borders, so I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to ink in a border around the card.


9 comments:

Rosemary said...

Sheila, you did an awesome job with your colors and shadings..Thank you for taking the challenge and incorporating the lastest technique shown at www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Cassie said...

this is incredible!! great idea to ink the folder and then emboss!! thanks for joining us this week on the CBC!! looking forward to your future creations!! good luck on the giveaway!!

http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Amazing watercolors!!! And how cute that the little piggy looks like he is jumping from the card! Loved seeing pictures of your doggies on your blog, I'm a major fan of dogs!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CB Challenge:)
Amber

KimmyS said...

WOW - I totally love pigs so I am totally in love with this card. I think it's fab how you did the background and how the pig jumps out. Wonderful!
Thanks fro joining us

dannisdoodles said...

this is the cuuuuutest little pig card & the technique is incredible!

thank you for the beautiful inspiration over @ www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Rosanne said...

Love the embossed and watercoloured background you have created!

Meda said...

Thank you for playing with us at Cuttlebug Challenge Blog
Your pig day card is soo cute!

Meda

Merry said...

A pig is not something I would normally expect to see on a card but he is just so cute and really finishes your wonderful card off.

Captain Scrappy said...

the pig made me laugh! :)
LOVE the background!