Thursday, April 30, 2009

2cre8art Challenge

The 2cre8art challenge for April was a beeswax collage.  I waited till the very last minute, but that's when I got my inspiration!  The 'theme' of this one was love and you had to use an eye.  The collage is on a 4x4 canvas.  I used a picture of Wiley's eye (my dog) because you will always find true love in the eye's of your pets.  I followed the instructions on the challenge pretty closely regarding adhering the background using pieces of paper covered with white tissue paper.  I had no tissue paper with gold, but did have some with colored foil confetti.  I used Distress Crackle paint on the chipboard heart with wings and stamped it in Archival black ink with the word love.  BTW, Distress Crackle paint has a really foul odor when you heat it with an iron to get it to adhere to the beeswax.  The Love saying was stamped in Archival black ink on white tissue paper and adhered with the bees wax as well.  All in all this was a great deal of fun and I'll probably be creating more in the near future...gotta love beeswax!!

2 comments:

Susie said...

I like your bright colors on the background paper. The whole collage is very nice.

Barb said...

Hi... I need your name to add to the list of challengers for my beeswax canvas challenge on our 2cre8art blog.

Thanx a bunch..Barb T