Saturday, April 18, 2009

Altered Puzzle Magnet

Today, Bev and I got together to do a little crafting. We decided to alter more puzzle pieces.  This time I chose to use the really large pieces from a 24-piece set.  Bev used the smaller from a 100-piece set.  I decided to make mine a coffee theme magnet for the frig.  
I painted the pieces with Gesso and let dry.  Then covered them with a yellow handmade paper by Paper Reflections using Mod Podge.  I used stamps from a coffee-themed set I had to stamp the text and images with Stazon black ink.  I colored the cups with Bic permanent markers and edged the whole thing in Tea Dye Distress ink.  I added a coat of Mod Podge to seal it all off.
  

Bev's is not complete yet.  The pieces were painted with Gesso then covered with purple tissue paper using Mod Podge.  Then stickers of purple flowers were added and a light purple mulberry paper was put around the flower on the right piece.  A butterfly was embossed onto a flat piece of tissue paper and adhered with Mod Podge.  Bev plans to get a silver chain and connect the butterfly between the two pieces and then decide what else she wants to add.