Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter to everyone!  
I made the first Easter card for my mom using a cute bunny stamp from Inkadinkado that I just bought today...and Michaels has started stocking the expanded Tim Holtz line, so I added Distress Stickles (which I used on the Easter eggs), and Grungeboard minis (I used the center of the 6s and 9s for the Easter eggs).  I inked up the board of the white card stock with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and attached a piece of pattern paper.  I stamped the bunny on light green cardstock with Timber Brown Stazon Ink and 'watercolored' it with Distress Ink then inked the edges with Shabby Shutters and Pine Needles Distress Ink.  The text is stamped with individual letters and inks around the edges.  I inked the Easter eggs with Distress inks and coated them with Distress Stickles.


I made this Easter card for my husband a couple months ago at a friend's craft party.  The bunny is stamped then colored with marker on light green cardstock.  The edges were inked and the print was adhered to another peice of light green cardstock that had been embossed with the Textile folder in the Cuttlebug and inks.  


My step-father's birthday was the 10th, but we are celebrating when we go there on Easter.  I made him this card with some great Tim Holtz stamps (I love his stuff!).  The vintage car and the 'Enjoy the Journey' text is inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink then embossed with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder.  I left the corner florishes just inked in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I then inked the edges and adhered them to a brown card base.  I ran a piece of brown ribbon across the center.  I stamped A and L in Vintage Photo Distress Ink onto a piece of cardstock that I had inked with Scattered Straw Distress Ink and attached them to the ribbon section.  Al turns 69 this year, so I took the Grungeboard numbers, inked them with Vintage Photo Distress ink and then covered them with Vintage Photo Distress Stickles and adhered them to the card.


3 comments:

sam21ski said...

Lovely card - thanks for joining in with this weeks Lotstodo Challenge - Sam xxx

Ang C said...

Beautiful cards.

crafty creations said...

A fantastic set of cards you've made - particularly like the one for your step father - hope he had a great day

Thanks for joining the LOtstodo Challenge again this week

xx Hilda