Friday, June 12, 2009

Father's Day Card

I just finished the Father's Day card for my dad. He does alot of wood-working, so the tool stamps from Stampin' Up were perfect. I used the Joseph's Coat technique I learned on Ink Stains to created the look. The background was the one I created using the shaving cream technique at our Craft Party. I also used a little piece of the shaving cream background for the sentiment stamp, which was part of the Happy Anything set from Inkadinkado. I added a couple black brads, inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and rounded the corners to finish it off. I then cut down a piece of wood patterned paper from the Green Stack by DCWV to 1/4" less than the measurements of my card base. That allows for a 1/8" border all around. I mounted my stamped peice to it and added black ribbon.

1 comment:

Yogi said...

Fabulous card. Love the colors in the shaving cream backgrounds. Good use with the tool stamps.