Monday, July 27, 2009

A Tri-fold Birthday Card

Bev’s mother, Mary, had a birthday this past Saturday.  I made this tri-fold card (I think zig-zag card would be a better name, but I didn’t invent it).  I got to use my new Glimmer Mist (which arrived Friday) on the stamped butterflies…great stuff.  I also got to use my new Indie Art Cricut cartridge to create the smaller butterflies.  This cart has some really cool designs.  It’s a bit difficult to see in the picture, but I used Tattered Rose Distress Ink to stamp more butterflies and foliage on the light patterned paper.  The butterflies and foliage are both Tim Holtz stamps from sets I purchased at Michaels.

MaryBday09

1 comment:

thefrugalcrafter said...

Wow, I havent been her ina while, love that card and the crochet purses, the new studio looks awesome, so professional! I am loving the kiln, I wish i could use it during the day (a new bead every half hour) but I'm too afraid with my little ones running around, I couldn't bear to have them burn themselves. I tried silver leaf on some beads and it worked great and pearl-ex is beautiful in it! You can even do precious metal clay in it! Let me know if you post any of your fuse art;)