Sunday, September 20, 2009

Another Bookmark and Simple Dragonfly Earrings

I have a co-worker who likes my bookmarks, so I decided to make him one. I used all Tim Holtz/Ranger products to create a ‘manly’ bookmark. I first stamped the saying in black and embossed the entire thing with clear embossing powder. I painted on a rough coat of Fired Brick Distress Crackle Paint and once dry, I stamped the birds in black Archival ink. I then distressed the edges and inked the entire tag with Black Soot Distress Ink and wiped over the entire tag with a damp paper towel…this removed the ink from the embossed and painted areas. The skull is Grungeboard that is painted with Picket Fence Distress Crackle paint and once dry I rubbed in Black Soot Distress Ink to bring out the cracks. I glued it onto the tag and added Fired Brick Distress Stickles to the eye sockets. I also put the stickles around the entire edge of the tag. I took a small Fragment tag and inked one side with Cranberry and Raisin alcohol inks and stamped the bird on the other side in black Archival ink. I attached the tag with a black brad and added black and burgundy ribbon to finish.

Bookmark4

For our anniversary, my husband bought me a beautiful necklace with a fused glass pendant with small dragonflies in it. It hangs on a silver chain. I plan to wear this for a meeting this week and needed some earrings to match. They needed to be a simple design to go with the necklace.

DragonflyEarrings

No comments: