Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween Gift Box and Hummingbird Mold

This is a gift box I made for my mom.  Nothing amazing.  I covered the sides with some Halloween themed paper from Provo Craft called Hallo Palooza.  Then I glued some green mulberry paper to the top, then a circle of orange mulberry paper.  I cut the black circle and the green sentiment piece with the Cricut using the Accent Essentials cart.  Happy Halloween is stamped from the Inkadinkado Scary Night collection as well as the black cat.  I used two bat shaped eyelets and ran the orange ribbon thru them.  The ribbon is tied in a simple knot.

HalloBox2

This is the mold model for a pendant I’m making for my friend, John.  He wants a pendant of a hummingbird to remind him of his wife, Jill.  I’m starting with the model that I made by forming a rough outline in scrap polymer clay.  After backing the round model, I used carving tools to carve out the details thus far.  I’ll let this sit for the night and see if I still like it tomorrow.  If so (or once I get the final details completed), I use it to make a model.  I’ll use the mold to form the hummingbird in metal clay. 

HummingbirdMold

No comments: