Monday, October 26, 2009

More Fused Glass Jewelry and a Cute Gift Bag

I found a great glass shop in the Springs and purchased some different colors of fusing glass.  I set up a few pieces and did a firing yesterday.  This is a pendant and earring set I created with some iridescent purple glass with small black diamonds on top.  It was very difficult to get a decent picture of it that shows all the color.  This is a good as I could do:

FusedGlassPendant

I made my husband some of his favorite peanut butter cookies…so of course, I needed something to ‘present’ them in.  I grabbed a plain lunch bag and used Inkadinkado’s Leaves Galore set to stamp leaves in different colors all over the bag.  I then cut out a 4” diameter fluted circle with my Cricut and the Accent Essentials cart.  I ran the circle thru my Cuttlebug with the Distressed Stripes folder and highlighted the stripes by brushing Adirondack Red Pepper ink over it.  I stamped leaves using Adirondack Red Pepper, Butterscotch and Lettuce inks onto white card stock and punched out different size leaves with punches.  I stamped Love and Always from MSE Romance Sentiments set  and the sentiment from Stampin’ Ups Botanicals set onto red cardstock in black ink.  I cut them out and brushed the edges of the sentiment with black ink.  I used the circle to size a piece of red mulberry paper and tore out the piece after using a paint brush to wet the edge.  Glue it all down and viola~.

GiftBag

No comments: