Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Glass and Clay Jewelry

I finally got the pieces back that I made during the copper clay class I took a couple weeks ago.  I really love the organic look of the copper.  Rumor has it that Art Clay is coming out with a version that can be fired like silver clay instead of  in a bowl of activated charcoal…hope to see it soon.

11-25-09CopperClay

These are the pieces that I created in the fused glass class.  I’ve already attached pin backs and bails to a couple.  Some of them clearly ask the question, “What were you thinking??”, but I like the majority of them.

11-25-09FusedGlass

These are a few pieces of silver clay and glass that I fired today.  The beads are simple spacer beads.  The glass piece was tack fused in the fused glass class.  I added the silver backing and syringed strands.  It’s hard to see the detail in the photo, but I really like how they turned out.

11-25-09Silver

No comments: