Monday, November 9, 2009

Simple Christmas Card

I’ve been busy working to finish my brother’s photo album of his visit to Colorado…yes, the one from May!!  I did stop for a moment to create a simple Christmas card using white cardstock, ink, embossing powder and a couple of Christmas-themed stamps.  I stamped the deer and Merry Christmas background on white cardstock.  I embossed the deer in Hunter Green embossing powder by Hampton Art Stamps and the background in a Red Dragon glittery embossing powder (there was no distributor name on the bottle).  I cut both out and inked the deer with Pine Needles Distress ink.  I used Flaming Red Staz-on ink to ink the border of the base card.  The background is glued down and the deer was attached with pop-dots.  I used gold embossing powder by Ranger to emboss an area of cardstock and punched out the star with a paper punch EK Success.  The whole process took me about 15 minutes (most of the time just figuring out what I wanted to do).

09Christmas1

No comments: