Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Tags and Card

Each year, we give our neighbors pies for Christmas. I made the following tags to attach to the pies. Both are inspired by Tim Holtz’ 12 Tags of Christmas series.

The first tag was made by embossing a pine branch with Distress Embossing powders in Shabby Shutters and Vintage Photo. I then blended Distress ink all over the background using Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Aged Mahogany and Fired Brick. I used a flourish stamp from Tim’s Urban Grunge stamp set with gold Paint Dabber and stamped the image randomly. The ornaments are made with oval and round fragments with Christmas scenes adhered with Glossy Accents, cut out and the edges sanded. I wrapped the top in stained glass tape and used craft wire to attach the ornaments to the card. The sentiment is a gold sticker Glass Appeals. I used a Christmas colored ribbon to finish.

ChristmasTag

This card was made with craft metal. I adhered the Grungeboard letters and figures to a label. The craft metal was cut out to size and embossed around the Grundgeboard. Since I only had one set of letters, I removed the metal and used stucco to fill the back to hold the embossing. Once the stucco was dry, I attached the metal to another tag. The coloring is done with Adirondack Alcohol Inks in Bottle, Red Pepper, Sail Boat Blue, Sunshine Yellow and Gold. Once the inks were dry, I sanded the raised letter and added red and gold ribbon to finish.

ChristmasTag2

This simple card was made with a stamp set by Scrappy Cat, emerald and red embossing powder and a gold leaf pen. Simply emboss the images onto cardstock and create a border with a gold leaf pen using a sheet of scratch paper to mask off the border.

09Christmas3

No comments: