Saturday, December 26, 2009

Masculine Birthday Card

I made this card for my friend, Ed’s, birthday. 

The bottom portion and the sentiment background are pieces of hand-made paper that I made with grass clippings.  The leaves are from a scrub oak that I dried in a press.  The top portion is black paper with a green center that I ran thru the Cuttlebug using the houndstooth embossing folder.  I then sanded the raised area to bring out the green.  I cut the sentiment background in the Cuttlebug using the Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 4 die…it didn’t emboss that well though.  I highlighted the edges with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink.  I attached the papers using my Xyron.  I tied a ribbon to hide the seam of the two papers and added a textured brad to anchor the leaves.

EdBday

No comments: