Monday, January 25, 2010

Altered CD Calendar – July/August

I’ve finished another two months of my altered CD calendar.  I got the idea from Inkstains, who has shown a different technique for each of her months…check it out! 


I used Adirondack alcohol inks on glossy cardstock (not photo paper…it won’t work on that) to create a plaid red, white (really silver) and blue pattern.  To do this, I marked out the area I needed to cover by using the CD as a template.  I added the inks in thirds on the applicator felt and pulled it along the paper in one direction and then the other.  Tim Holtz has a great tutorial for this technique here.  I then used images that I downloaded from GoMakeSomething a couple years ago, and some 3D stickers that came from a card sent to me by my sister-in-law, so I don’t know who makes them…and I didn’t want her to know I tore up her card…well, repurposed it really…  I drew the ants and used a glue pen and glitter to create the fireworks.  The calendar is mounted on scrap piece of red gingham paper (maker unknown) and attached with photo corners.


I used Glimmer Mist in Coffee Shop, Moonlight and Meadow Green and masks that I tore out of scrap paper to create the mountain background.  The image is from a new Inkadinkado collection called Great Outdoors…love it!  I used Pine Needles, Vintage Photo, Broken China and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to ink up the stamp by pressing the appropriate section to the color ink I wanted.  It was easier than is sounds since you can see thru the stamp to line it up as needed.  I mounted the calendar on a coordinating mulberry paper then stamped and colored the leaves with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink.

No comments: