Friday, January 22, 2010

Altered CD Calendar – May/June

I finished May and June. 

May:

I used some wrapping paper from a Christmas gift I received for the background of May (I covered the snowflakes…not sure why there are butterflies in a winter scene though :-) ).  The calendar is matted in a yellow that coordinates with the butterfly on the paper and attached with photo corners (I’ve decided I really like these things).  I colored the yellow flower with Candle Light Glimmer Mist and attached all the flowers with E6000 then used Distress Stickles in the centers of the larger flowers.  Finally, I printed the text and colored with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.

June:

I colored the background with Frozen Lake Glimmer Mist and applied Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powders as the ‘sand’ of the beach.   The calendar is mounted on glittery paper from the Fun in the Sun Summer Glitter Matstack by DCWV, and I used flowers and stamped images to ‘hold’ the corners.  The images are stamped from the  Hero Arts Fun in the Sun stamp set and colored with Prismacolor watercolor pencils.  The text is from the same stamp set and was embossed in gold.

No comments: