Sunday, May 2, 2010

Get Well Card and Another Bookmark

I found this cute Mouse Drops stamp from Stampabilities on clearance and since I had nothing in the ‘get well’ area, I just had to have it. I made this card to try it out. I stamped it in black ink and colored it with Prismacolor colored pencils. After cutting out the pictures, I rounded the corners with a punch and adhered it with pop dots to a peach colored card base that I had ran thru the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder. I highlighted the dots with Dried Marigold and Rusted Hinge Distress Inks. I added a light blue ribbon as an accent.

I was hanging out in my studio the other day to avoid listening to the boys fighting it out on the Xbox and made this quick bookmark. For some reason, I love bookmarks and change them like others change purses. This is a white cardboard base that I covered in Vanilla Breeze Glimmer Mist. I then used masks and sprayed each end with Lavender Fields and Meadow Green Glimmer Mists (I did the back to match sans the masks). I then sponged Dusty Concord Distress Ink around the edges. The images/sentiments are stamped with black ink using stamps from the For the Birds set by Fiskars. I added a light green ribbon to the top to finish it off.

100_1886

No comments: