Friday, June 18, 2010

Father’s Day Cards

These are the cards I made for my dad and father-in-law.  My dad has an egg business (Baker’s Dozen) and Bo’s dad is really into Bingo.

For this card, I used a brown card base with dark brown accent paper.  I embossed the Rooster stamp by Stampabilities in black and colored with Bic markers.  The sentiment is from a set called Happy Everything by Inkadinkado and is also embossed in black.  The wood embossed background was done with the Cuttlebug and a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations folder called Wood Grain (love these!)  I accented the wood grain and sentiment card with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The brads were added to the corners as accents.

FDay1

The Bingo card was done with a white card base that was colored with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.  The brown background is Crinkle Paper by Wausau Paper in Cocoa.  I accented the crinkles and stamped the sentiment in Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The bingo card was embossed using the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Bingo folder on a recycle piece of Tassimo packaging (Recycle, Reuse, Renew!) and colored with Denim Adirondack Alcohol Ink.  Once the ink dried (about 2 seconds), I sanded the raised areas.  The ‘markers’ were stamped out of a transparency sheet with a 1” circle punch and colored with Espresso Adirondack Alcohol Ink.  I also accented the sentiment card with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.

No comments: