Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bookmarks

I decided I really needed to use all the Stampin’ Up sets that I’ve purchased recently (thanks Craig’s List!), so I created these bookmarks.

On this one, I created the background using the Wrinkle Free Distress technique with Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar Distress inks.  The stamps are from the Botanical Blooms set.  The base stamps and sentiment were done with black Archival ink and the flowers were down with Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed and Bundled Sage Distress inks.  I later added matching ribbon.

100_2417

The first bookmark  was sprayed with Vanilla Breeze Glimmer Mist and highlighted with Faded Jeans and Antique Linen Distress inks.  The fern is from the Nature Prints set and the sentiment is from the A is for Adorable set.  I stamped and embossed the fern with Antique Linen Distress embossing powder.  The sentiment is stamped in Faded Jeans Distress ink.  I added another layer of Vanilla Breeze Glimmer Mist and the coordinating ribbon.

The second bookmark was stamped in black ink using the Iris stamp from the Long Stemmed set.  I colored the image with Prismacolor Watercolor pencils and blended with a blender pen.  The sentiment is from a set of Albert Einstein quotes…and for the life of me, I can’t remember the vendor.  The background was colored with Milled Lavender and Crushed Olive Distress inks.  Then coordinating ribbons were added to complete the tag.

100_2421

No comments: