Monday, July 26, 2010

Card of the Day

Today’s Stampin’ Up set is On Gossamer Wing.  I used the Inspiration Sheet for this set to get the idea for this card…kinda cheating, but I was short on time. :-)  The card base is ivory from a value pack by Halcraft.  I stamped the dragonfly, flowers and leaves onto ivory cardstock in Archival Black ink.  I colored each with Prismacolor watercolor pencils and blended with a Dove Blender pen.  I edged the dragonfly and card base with Vintage Photo Distress ink.  I stamped the sentiment onto green cardstock with Black ink by Inkadinkado.  I embossed a metal soda can tab with Ranger Copper embossing powder to use as a buckle.  I cut brown ribbon long enough to wrap around the green cardstock and ran it thru the ‘buckle’.  I wrapped the ribbon around the green cardstock and secured both ends with adhesive.  I attached the dragonfly piece to brown patterned cardstock by Stampin’ Up and tore one edge.  I attached blue paper behind each end and attached the entire thing to the green cardstock above the ribbon.  The flowers and leaves were then attached to the green cardstock and the assembled piece was attached to the card base.  It’s hard to see in the picture , but I highlighted the dragonfly, flowers and leaves with a Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

No comments: