Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Daily Card

Today I used the Fall Whimsy and Touch of Nature sets.  The card base is ivory from a 4”x 5.5” card value pack by Halcraft.  For the background section, I used a piece of gloss paper by Archivers cut to 3.5” x 5” and colored it with Adirondack Alcohol inks in Red Pepper, Sunset Orange, Meadow, Wild Plum and Sunshine Yellow.  I stamped the leaf and acorn images on ivory cardstock with Black Archival ink and colored them with Bic Mark It pens in…get ready…Key Lime, Forest Green, Harvest Orange, Honey Brown, Lemon Bliss, Summer Melon, Adobe Orange, Woodsy Brown, Rambunctious Red and Prairie Berry…whew!  I cut them out and adhered the leaves together.  I used ribbon from Europa Imports and tied it around the gloss paper section in a bow, mounted the leaves and acorn to it and stuck it to the card base.  The sentiment is from the Touch of Nature set and is stamped with Black Inkadinkado ink and edged with Rusty Hinge Distress ink…’cuz I just have to use DI on everything!

I also finally finished my glass and solder project…thanks to Bo fixing my soldering iron.  I decided to make it a brooch instead of a pendant.  I had to take the picture at an angle so the glass wouldn’t reflect, but you get the idea.

No comments: