Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Today is our 16th anniversary!!  This is the card I made for Bo.  I used the Stampin’ Up Artifacts set.  The base is charcoal gray cardstock cut to 5 7/8” x 11” (so the card will fit in a 6” x 6” envelope).  I scored and folded it at 6”.  I cut a piece of tan cardstock 3” x 5 7/8” and stamped it with Cobblestone Vivid! ink and Forest Moss and Aged Mahogany Distress inks in a random pattern.  I cut two pieces of burgundy cardstock 1/2” x 5 7/8” (I was running short on that color) and adhered them to each side of the tan cardstock.  Around that, I tied a burgundy ribbon and attached a key from the Tim Holtz Lock Keys Alterations set.  That section was then adhered to the card base.  I stamped the heart in Black Archival in and colored it with Crimson Red and Black Prismacolor watercolor pencils and blended with a Dove Blender.  The Always sentiment is from the My Sentiments Exactly! Romance Sentiments set and is stamped in Aged Mahogany Distress ink.  Both were attached using Thermo O Web Foam Squares.  The heart clasp was cut from burgundy cardstock on the Cricut using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge set on 1” and attached with a matte silver square brad.  On the inside of the card, I attached a piece of tan cardstock cut to 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” and stamped with a Happy Anniversary sentiment.

No comments: