Friday, July 23, 2010

Stampin’ Up Coaster

Today, I used the Both Way Blossoms set to create what I will use as a coaster.  I took a piece of pre-cut craft wood from Nicole and painted it with white gesso paint by Basics.  While that was drying, I stamped the script background onto white tissue paper using Basic Black Stampin’ Up Classic ink.  I adhered that onto the wood with the wet gesso.  I stamped the flowers onto white tissue paper with Black Staz-on ink and colored them with Prismacolor Watercolor Pencil and used a Dove Blender to blend the colors.  I adhered them to the background with a glue stick.  Once the gesso and glue were dry, I sprayed the entire thing with Minwax Fast-Drying Polyurethane in Clear Satin.  I use this stuff on my bookmarks also to make them water resistant.   I probably should have use Staz-on ink for the script as it started running once it hit the wet gesso.  I liked the look, so it was fine, but if you want a nice crisp look, make sure you use waterproof ink.

No comments: