Saturday, July 24, 2010

Stampin’ Up Project for Today

Today, I used the Feels Like Spring set to start a glass and solder pendant (like the pendants I created at the Full Spectrum class…sorta).  I used two pieces of 1.5” x 1.5” Memory Glass.  One one piece I stamped a diamond background in Vibrant Violet Staz-on ink.  I stamped the flower shapes on white paper using Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint Distress inks.  I punched them out with the Stampin’ Up punch made for the Feels Like Spring set.  I arranged the paper flowers between the two pieces of glass and ran copper tape around all four sides.  I cut a piece of copper tape in half length-wise with decorative scissors to created a wavy edge and adhered that around the front of the piece.  Next I put Blu-Glass flux by Canfield Technologies on all the copper and soldered all copper tape (front and back) with lead-free (important!) solder by Canfield.  I had to stop due to technical difficulties with my soldering iron…a big chunk broke out of the tip…not sure how that happened!  I’ll finish it once I get a new soldering iron…or steal Bo’s!

Today was also the 3rd Annual World-wide Photo Walk.  I participated in Colorado Springs.  We walked from the Pioneer Museum to the Old Depot District and back.  Here are a few of the photos I took.

No comments: