Monday, July 19, 2010

Still Using Those Stampin’ Up Sets!

I’ve been making an attempt to use all the Stampin’ Up sets I recently purchased at a yard sale and thru Craig’s List.  Today’s card is using a stamp from the Travel Scrapbook set.  I stamped the image on a bisque colored Stampin’ Up cardstock (I don’t know the color name) in Basic Black from a Classic Stampin’ Up pad.  I then colored the image using Prismacolor colored pencils and cut the cardstock to 3 1/2” x 3 1/2”.  That was mounted on to a 3 3/4'” x 3 3/4” piece of Cabernet Cover cardstock by The Paper Company.  This was then mounted to a 4 3/4” x 5 3/4” piece of Black French paper by Paper Pizazz.  I took a piece of Black and White ribbon by Micheals and sprayed it with Caramel Apple Glimmer Mist.  Once dry, I mounted that to the bottom of the Black French panel.  For the card base, I took a piece of Cabernet Cover by The Paper Company and cut it to 6” x 11” then scored and folded at the 6” mark.  The makes a 6” x 6” card back and a 5” x 6” card front.  I then mounted the Black French panel to the 5” front.  I cut two 1” circles from tan cardstock (vendor unknown) and glued them together for strength.  On the front, I swiped the circle in one direction with Cobblestone ink by Vivid!.  I then stamped a floral image (vendor unknown) with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Once cool, I covered the circle with the Cobblestone ink.  I mounted the circle to act as a closure with a square brad.  The sentiment is from Making Memories Express It metallic stamps on the bisque Stampin’ Up cardstock, which I cut into a tag shape, edged with the Cobblestone ink, and attached to the brad with tan twine.

No comments: