Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today’s Stampin’ Up Card

Today’s card was made with the Botanicals set.  For the base, I cut a piece of green cardstock 7”x10” to make a 5”x7” card.  On a piece of tan cardstock, I stamped the text in Brown Bag ink by Close To My Heart and then the leaf in New England Ivy ink by Close To My Heart.  I covered the entire thing with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and let dry.  I stamped the other images onto the base card in Brown Bag ink and the sentiment in New England Ivy ink .  Once the leaf image was dry, I tore around the edges and highlighted the piece with Tea Dye Distress ink.  I torn a piece of darker green cardstock and crinkled it all up, then highlighted the edges and wrinkles with Tea Dye Distress ink.  I did the same thing with the tan cardstock on which the sentiment is stamped.  I tied a piece of twine around the leaf piece and adhered everything to the base.  After highlighting the entire card with Tea Dye Distress ink, I added a couple copper brads to finish it.

100_2429

No comments: