Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chocolate Card

I have this set of stamps by an unknown vendor (purchased at the flea market, of course), and I just felt like making a mini card with one of them.  I also do not know the maker of the paper…again a flea market purchase.  I started by stamping the image in Close to Cocoa Stampin Up ink onto pink cardstock and trimming it to fit the middle of the mini card base (I used Kraft cardstock (the kind that is the color of paper bags) for the base.  I adhered the pink cardstock to the base, then cut out 1/2” x 3” pieces or patterned cardstock and tore one side on each and distressed with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I adhered those to the top and bottom of the card and added some brown twine.  The ‘candy’ are pieces of what I think were the rubber mounts on something (renew, reuse, recycle) which were adhered to the card with E6000 and topped with Distress Stickles in Walnut Stain and Cotton Candy Stickles.  The image was colored with Prismacolor colored pencils.  Simple!

100_2579

No comments: