Sunday, August 29, 2010

Simplicity Canvas and Fused Glass

This is an idea I got from Unity Opportunity blog.  First is painted the 5x7 canvas with gesso and let dry.  While waiting…well, really I went for a ride on my Harley, but anyway…I cut out some flower shapes from 1” to 2.5” on the Cricut with the Walk in my Garden cartridge.  I also cut out a dragonfly (btfly1 on the cart) at 1.5”.  Once the gesso was dry, I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist in a combination of Moonlight, Frozen Lake, Artic Blue and Coffee Shop.  I edged the canvas and all the paper shapes in Vintage Photo Distress ink.  I stamped the florish from the Savoir Faire Majestic Flight set and the sentiment (maker unknown) in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I assembled the flowers, but before adhering to the canvas, I stuck down a piece of lace from Carolace at the bottom of the canvas.  At attached the flowers, dragonfly and little dots…that came from the center of the flowers and added buttons to the flowers to finish.

100_2717

These are the full fused glass cabochons from the class I took on Friday.

100_2714

No comments: