Sunday, August 15, 2010

Star Trek Card

Anyone who knows me knows I’m a big Star Trek fan.  Today at the flea market, my friend, Jill, found a USS Enterprise stamp for me!!  Well, I just had to use it immediately, so after returning from our hike up Horse Thief Trail, I made this card.

I took a piece of glossy cardstock and covered it with Denim and Stonewashed Adirondack alcohol inks blotted on the same felt applicator.  I spritzed the entire thing with blending solution.   Then I put dots of Silver AI and blotted that on for the stars.  I stamped the Warp Speed stamp by Stamp Oasis on white cardstock with Black Inkadinkado ink and colored with gray and red Prismacolor colored pencils.  I cut it out and adhered to the background.  I used silver and copper pens to make the warp lines.  I colored white cardstock with Silver AI and wrote the sentiment over the ink, cut each word out separately and adhered to the background.  I used Pitch Black AI to darken the edges and adhered the entire thing to a card base.  I then darkened the light edges of the card base with Black Soot Distress Ink.

100_2557

Here are a couple pictures from the hike:

000_0027[1]

000_0031[1]

000_0032[1]

000_0034[1]

1 comment:

di from di-did-it said...

What a gorgeous place to hike! I especially like the last photo.

Oh, and I'm a huge Star Trek fan too! There aren't many of us gals that are, so just had to share...