Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Today’s Crafty Items

I finally got my frit painting piece back from Full Spectrum.  I love it.  This was such a fun class. 

100_2536

I also got an encaustics kit from my neighbor, whose sister sells them.  Funny thing is, my DH is the one who took care of his yard while he was gone on vacation, but I got the reward…makes sense to me!  :-)  I decide to try the kit out by making a few mini cards…I figured to start small and work my way up!  I first stamped the images with black Staz-on ink…you have to use permanent ink.  Then I coated each piece with clear beeswax and added the color using an encaustic tool.  I first used a small iron tip and then a pointed tip that wicks the wax up like an old fashioned writing pen…way too cool, I’m tellin’ ya!  I used a heat gun here and there to smooth out areas I didn’t like as well.  Once they were all set, I adhered them to tan cardstock that had been cut into 3” x 6” pieces.

100_2539

2 comments:

di from di-did-it said...

WOW ~ your frit painted turned out great! How big is it? That is so cool.

Smullis said...

It is @ 1" square.